Plants rich in minerals on a vegan's plate
The human body contains 33 dietary minerals. In order to protect yourself from health issues, your food should include all of these substances. We have listed some below.
Calcium improves hormonal activity, and strengthens the heart and cardiac muscles. Calcium deficiency causes your heart to pound and weakens your bones. Calcium also promotes moving, while magnesium brings weight to your legs.
- Rich sources of calcium include vegetables, greens, all cabbages, strawberries (esp. wild strawberries), raspberries, blueberries, cherries, grapes, figs, oranges, and pure water.
- Potato peels, grains (under husks), and apples have a lower calcium content.
- Legumes, boiled pome fruits, and pears have low calcium content.
- Plenty of calcium can also be found in birch leaves, blackberry leaves, raspberry leaves, hazelnut leaves, marigold blossoms, marjoram, sage, thyme, calamus roots, and oak bark.
Silica is another important agent in your organism, as it is responsible for the well-being of your skin, nerves, teeth, gums, and nails.
- Vegetables, legumes, cereals, fruit, and plums are rich of silica.
- Silica is also plentiful in horsetail, calamus, and water flag.
Iron helps transport oxygen in blood, and vegan foods rich in iron are generally good for you. All green and colorful vegetables and fruits contain iron.
- All green salads, spinach, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, radish, turnip, peas, lens, celery, corn, plums, gooseberries, strawberries, apples, and pears are rich in iron.
- Plenty of iron can also be found in yarrow, blackberry leaves, calamus, lemon balm, linseed, aniseed, leontodon, sorrel, peppermint, marjoram, thyme, nut leaves, green nut husks, grape leaves.
Sodium is useful for your nerves and your love life (as is phosphorus).
- All cabbages, lettuce, radish, horseradish, asparagus, spinach, raspberries, gooseberries, strawberries, blackberries, leontodons.
- Plenty of sodium can also be found in birch leaves, nettles, blackberry leaves, strawberry leaves, blueberry leaves.
Potassium is good for the heart, lungs, brain. Dietary salt keeps water in your organism, but potassium takes excessive water out.
- Potatoes, tomatoes, turnip, cucumber, and fruits are rich in potassium.
- Nettles and halunder also have high potassium contents.
Chlorine is found in salts, but also in many plants.
Fluoride is available in cereals and sea water.
Arsenic gives your hair shine and stimulates your reproductive system. Arsenic can be found in vegetables, root crops, cabbages, and turnip.
Sulfur maintains your skin, hair, and pores in good health.
- Sulfur is plentiful in oils and protein-rich plants, fruits, vegetables, especially in onion, garlic, horseradish, and red turnip.
- Sulfur-rich grasses include nettles, lemon balm, leontodon, and calamus.
Phosphorus stimulates thinking and your love life.
- Phosphorus is abundant in cereals, legumes, horseradish, spinach, dock, tomatoes, onions, fruits, olive oil, and plums.
- Plenty of phosphorus can also be found in calamus, leontodon roots, and nut-tree leaves.
Iodine accentuates a persons temperament, and is found in onion, horseradish, radish, cabbage, and lemon.